Computational Media Major at Georgia Tech, currently apply to HCI master programs!
- Send care between users.
- Show individual users they are being thought of by their loved one and friends.
Details of Experience
- Passive connection
- Sharing care between users
- Purpose: Planter that exchanges audio messages.
- Care: User performs care mechanisms to maintain plant health and cultivate interaction.
- Passive Connection: Peripheral insight for user to be informed of another user thinking/sending care towards them.
- Shared Digital Experience Among Users: Connection vis virtual community garden through their Care Plant.
- Plants Have Feelings Too
- Materiality/Material Culture
- Ishii, Tangible Bits
- Glassie, Material Culture
- Wilberg, The Materiality of Interaction
How does "care" relate to material culture?
- Care is a massice part of culture.
- Material culture is a big part of how we interact with materials on a daily basis.
- Materials are how we show we care.
- Audio and voice are closely associated to care.
- How a plant being moved in and out of sunlight or rotating in response to care.
- Exploring more passive sonification of auditory cues that evoke care and connectivity.